JaniTek Newsletter – January 2017
Articles in the issue
Benefits of Hiring Local Janitors
For most businesses, it doesn’t make sense to hire full time employees to do janitorial or office cleaning. Instead, you save money and time by hiring for professional office cleaning services, and can get better results. Hiring an outside janitorial company avoids the cost of employment taxes, training, management time, and benefit costs of hiring full time staff to perform commercial cleaning.
Good commercial cleaning companies provide cleaning as frequently as you need. Whether your office requires daily, weekly, or seasonal maintenance, good janitorial companies should work around your schedule. Be sure to find out up front what office cleaning services they will and will not perform. This way there are no disappointments if you expect one company to handle all tasks, including office cleaning, vacuuming, floor waxing, and janitorial maintenance. Many cleaning franchises are not actually located in your area. Instead, they are sales offices that then farm out your contract to smaller janitorial businesses. If you hire a national company, your business may be cleaned by smaller sub-contractors. These custodians may not have formal janitorial training, and might not be able to guarantee the safety and reliability of those subcontractors.
Hiring a local janitorial maintenance company is a better way to get convenient and affordable service. When you work with locally-based companies, you deal with the owners directly. So, if you have any questions regarding your contracts, you can get answers faster. Local owners can attend to their needs immediately because those local companies care about their reputation. And best of all, some janitorial services have security-screened their crew and well-trained custodians who provide good service at affordable prices.
If You Want Office Cleaning Companies that Offer Green Janitorial Services, most Commercial janitorial companies usually have options of green janitorial products and environmentally-friendly supplies. Look for those who are Green Seal certified and use green janitorial products, including Eco-Logo and other eco-friendly supplies, biodegradable cleansers, natural or organic cleaning products. Others use recycled paper products and micro-fiber cloths instead of paper towels to cut down on paper waste.
Reasons You Need Entrance Mats at Every Door
• About 80% of all the contaminants affecting any office comes from the shoes of people in the building. Now you can’t exactly ask your visitors to take off their shoes before they go in any room of the building. By having entrance mats at every door, you ensure that they at least have a way to wipe their shoes before entering and/or walk off some of the debris.
• Entrance mats guard your office from added dust and mud.
• You may not be able to control what kind of dust and mud goes in but having an entrance mat by the door is a way to guard it from the unnecessary. Having an entrance mat allows a person to remove some excess dust so that it won’t go inside your building.
• Rain is a nightmare for those trying to keep a certain area clean, because with rain comes wet shoes and muddy floors. If you have an entrance mat welcoming each guest at every doorway, you don’t have to worry about rain and getting your floors all muddy. They can simply wipe their shoes clean and dry before entering.
• What some people forget is that doormats don’t have to be plain and ugly. You can be as decorative as you want to be, matching the entrance mat with the decors of your establishment or office. You can even use it as a branding tool by having your logo or company name imprinted on the mat.
• It’s a way to minimize slip hazards. With an entrance mat at every doorstep however, you can easily minimize the risk of people slipping as they navigate their way into your building.
• Some doormats can be infused with microbe-killing powers that can help you with bacteria regulation. So not only do you keep your rooms clean as far as your eyes can see, you also keep them clean even on a microorganism level.
Ask anyone who purchases green cleaners what matters most and they are likely to rattle off a list that includes key words and phrases such as “eco-friendly”, “natural or organic”, and “safe to use”. Yet an almost equally important factor not to be overlooked is how a cleaning product smells, the old experience of household cleaners can signal either the cleaner’s pleasant naturalness or harsh chemical make-up. A product that has heavily perfumed smell generally signals toxicity. Those who prefer scent-free or “free and clear” products of green cleaners tend to like pleasant smelling fragrances.
Bio-enzymatic cleaners are gaining popularity and getting looked at more closely by cleaning professionals, and rightfully so. However, many people question: What are they and how do they work? Bio- enzymatic cleaners are cleaning products that use non-pathogenic, beneficial to digest wastes, soils and stains. They do this by producing enzymes specifically designed to break down certain molecules (wastes/soils) into smaller pieces. These smaller pieces consume these soils and break them down into two basic compounds until they diminish and the soil is gone.
Typical bio- enzymatic cleaners contain various enzymes to break down various soils:
Proteases break down protein-based molecules such as blood and food. Lipases break down fat molecules, such as oils and greases. Amylases break down starch molecules.
Bio- enzymatic cleaners often contain blends of these enzymes with others so they are effective against a wide array of stains and soils.
There are various benefits to using bio- enzymatic cleaners:
- They are often safer for the environment and human health compared to other chemical products.
- The micro-organisms can penetrate into very small cracks and crevices and eliminate soils that traditional chemicals often cannot remove.
- The enzymes are left and can keep working for up to 80 hours after application, ensuring that soils and stains are fully removed.
Bio- enzymatic cleaners are great in various applications. They can be used as general surface cleaners, restroom cleaners, carpet spotters, odor eliminators, and more. Bio- enzymatic cleaners are especially good for use in restrooms because they can eliminate odors caused from urine, and they can easily penetrate into grouted surfaces to remove soils and odors that have worked their way into the grout.